Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Driving Tour with a licensed driver-guide (or on option, for an extra cost, with a driver and a separate licensed guide)
- Duration: 8 hours
- Tour Highlights: Cable car and cogwheel train rides up and down the tallest peak of Germany (Zugspitze) and visit of a 14th century bavarian monastery (Ettal)/listing}
- Meeting Point: in the lobby of your hotel or in front of your apartment's building
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 7 people
- Price: 1000 EUR + 56 EUR / adult (41 EUR / child) for the entrance tickets
- Cancellation: full refund if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
During this full day private guided tour of Etal Monastery & Zugspitze, you will have the opportunity to discover Germany's tallest peak (Zugspitze) and a beautiful 14th century Benedictin monastery producing great liquors (Ettal).
The driver-guide will pick you up at your hotel (or apartment) to drive you first to Ettal Monastery(1h15 drive). There, with your licensed guide, you will begin your private guided visit of Ettal Abbey which resembles a castle more than an abbey with jaw-dropping baroque interiors (including outstanding stucco decorations by Johann Baptist Zimmermann and Johann Georg Üblherr). And in fact in the beginning of the 18th century, the abbey functioned as a school for knights and was one of the most notable schools of higher learning of its time. Around 50 monks call this monastery home, and run an independent economic unit with things they produce or manage, including a brewery, liqueur shop, hotel, and publishing house.
After this amazing visit, you will have a lunch in a local joint restaurant before our driver-guide will bring you to the Zugspitze (50 min drive) near the town of Garmisch-Partenkirchen which attracts winter sports enthusiasts from around the globe. You will take the cog wheel train from Zugspitze station Garmisch-Partenkirchen to the idyllic Lake Eibsee. The ascent with the Cable car Zugspitze offers spectacular views down to the lake, before new horizons open up with a powerful panorama and unparalleled photo opportunities of the Alps at the observation deck at the Zugspitze Peak..
We will then drive you back to Munich and drop you off at your hotel or apartment.
Our standard pick-up/drop-off for this tour is within Central Munich limits.
It is also possible to pick you up outside Central Munich limits at extra cost, please contact us to receive our quote.