Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Driving Tour with a licensed driver-guide (or on option, for an extra cost, with a driver and a separate licensed guide)
- Duration: 10 hours
- Tour highlights: Eagle's Nest, Obersalzberg Documentation Center and Königsee Lake
- Meeting Point: in the lobby of your hotel or in front of your apartment's building in Münich
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 7 people
- Price: 1100 EUR (entrance fees included)
- Cancellation: full refund if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
The Eagle's Nest is the nickname given to Hitler's most famous mountain retreat. He used the Kehlsteinhaus only to show off to visiting dignitaries, and he probably did not visit it himself more than twenty times, as he did not like the height and the resulting changes in air pressure, and the perceived dangers of lightning and the elevator. It was supposed to be bombed by the Royal Air Force in 1945 but it was never hit by the bombings. Due to the intense lobbying of Berchtesgaden district administration, the Eagle's Nest was spared from the 1951-52 destruction of Nazi ruins, and was returned to the State of Bavaria. The house was later restored and somewhat modernized, but its basic appearance today is much the same as during the Third Reich.
During this full day private tour of Berchtesgaden, Königsee & Eagle's Nest, you will be picked up by our licensed driver-guide at your hotel in Central Munich and he will drive you to Berchtesgaden (2-hour drive one way). Our professional guide will show you the Eagle's Nest, Obersalzberg Documentation Center & Hitler's Home and Königsee Lake.
Later in the afternoon, our driver-guide will bring you back to your hotel in Central Munich (2-hour drive).
Our standard pick-up/drop-off for this tour is within Central Munich limits.
It is also possible to pick you up outside Central Munich limits at extra cost, please contact us to receive our quote.