Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private driving tour with a licensed guide
- Duration: 10 hours
- Tour highlights: Chiemsee, Herreninsel, Fraueninsel and Royal Castle Herrenchiemsee
- Pick-up/Drop-off: in the lobby of your hotel or in front of your apartment's building
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 7 passengers
- Price: 1100EUR + 15 EUR / person, skip the line entrance tickets and boat cruise tickets included
- Cancellation: Free cancellation if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
A must tour for Castle lovers !
Our licensed driver-guide will pick you up at your hotel and will drive you to Herrenschiemsee Castle, an opulent fantasy palace built by Bavarian King Ludwig II (around 1h10 drive) before continuing by boat to Fraueninsel where you'll visit the Benedictine church.
King Ludwig II is famous for the 3 fantasy castles he erected in his kingdom during the nineteenth century. The most famous is the Disney-like, neo-Romanesque Schloss Neuschwanstein Castle, while the small Schloss Linderhof is the only palace he actually completed. However, Schloss Herrenchiemsee was intended to surpass all others. Herrenchiemsee was to be King Ludwig’s Versailles copycat with a Hall of Mirrors larger than the original.
Our licensed driver-guide will then drive you back to your hotel in Central Munich.