Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Driving Tour
- Duration: 11 hours
- Tour highlights: Market Square, Town Hall Tower, The Medieval Crime and Punishment Museum, The Plönlein, The Town Wall, Church of St. Jacob
- Meeting Point: in the lobby of your hotel in Central Münich or in front of your apartment's building.
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 7 people.
- Price: 1100 EUR flat for the party of up to 7 people
- Cancellation: full refund if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
During this full day private tour of Rothenburg ob der Tauber, our licensed driver-guide will first pick you up at your hotel for a 2.5-hour drive from Munich to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, the best preserved medieval town in Germany and probably one of the most romantic villages. In the Middle Ages, when Berlin and Munich were just wide spots in the road, Rothenburg was Germany’s second-largest city, with a whopping population of 6,000.
Your passionate guide will take you around beautiful old houses, secluded squares and tucked-away corners of the old quarter, where towers, taverns and town gates alternate with fountains, fortifications and former storehouses. You will visit the Market Square, Town Hall Tower, The Medieval Crime and Punishment Museum, The Plönlein, The Town Wall and the Church of St. Jacob which has a beautiful stone carving depicting Christ and the sleeping apostles.
Urban conservation orders in Rothenburg ob der Tauber are the strictest in Germany, that's why every building is so well preserved. Every detail on each street corner is amazing: for instance, you will marvel at the beautifully decorated Church of St. Wolfgang at the Klingentor gate, dedicated to the patron saint of shepherds. Your professional guide will immerse you in the Medieval Times life and you will learn a lot and enjoy all this beauty at the same time.
Our licensed expert guide is at your disposal so that he/she stops as much as you wish and gives you deeper explanation about what you see. You are in command, this is YOUR private tour of Rothenburg ob der Tauber.
If you have no special request, we will show you as much as we can, to give you the best overview of the village, so that you get your bearings.
If you have special request, do not hesitate to share them with us in comments when you book the tour online.